Monday, June 11, 2012

Miss or Mister

The first question I had when I found out I was pregnant was, "When can we find out the gender?"

When I found out they wouldn't be able to tell for sure until 18 weeks I was very disappointed, but I anxiously awaited the moment we would know whether we had a little boy or girl.

After months of waiting the day had finally come.

This morning Jordan and I woke up and discussed what we thought we would have. I thought it was a boy, and after several dreams Jordan was convinced it was a girl. We anxiously got ready and headed to the doctor!

As we entered the sonogram room I was a nervous wreck that we wouldn't get a view of the baby's goods. I just couldn't help but think we would not find out today, and that was almost the case.

First the sonogram tech started by checking that baby is healthy, and everything was normal. She showed us all of the baby's organs and bones. Baby was perfectly healthy which was a huge sigh of relief!

Then she started trying to get a good shot of the baby's goods, and of course baby Stanford was being stubborn. After several minutes of looking Jordan guessed the gender from what he could see on the screen. The technician said she believed he was right but wanted to make sure, so she kept looking for a better shot. After a few minutes more she confirmed the gender, and we left anxious to tell our families the good news.




We picked up our gender reveal cupcakes and headed to Amory to surprise Jordan's parents. First we delivered Jordan's mom her cupcake at work. She anxiously ate her cupcake and was overjoyed to share the news with her co-workers. Once Jordan's dad got home we then had him eat his cupcake. We spent some time talking about baby Stanford, then it was time to call the rest of the family. We spent all afternoon filling in everyone on the good news and now it is time to tell you....




IT'S A GIRL!!

We are excited to announce we will be welcoming Charlie Kate to our family November 12, 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Omgosh. Woooo! I almost couldn't read this post. I wanted to skip down and see the cupcake! Lol. Yay. I get to finish making your gift!

    ReplyDelete